My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Point, Oregon, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Joys of Suburbia...

It is finally true. I live in suburbia- cul-de-sac, stucco house and all! Although I am fine with the living situation (as it is not permentant and my roomates are great) it is rather humerous to watch the life style

The big thing on my street, now that it is spring, is the unspoken my-lawn-is-better-than-your-lawn contest. See what happens is the first person to mow, edge, weed eat, and hand trim their lawn for the week is the sneering winner who peeps out their front window all week admiring their handiwork and initiative and disparaging the neighbors. People really do that. Our neighbors stop by and tell harrowing lawn mowing tales while hinting about the state of our lawn...

"Dude, you'll never guess what happened when I was mowing this week. Check this out... So, I'm mowing along and suddenly I hear a ping and then I hear a bang. You'll never guess what it was... Naw, man, because it was still dark outside that morning I ran over the sprinkler head. It broke last week and I forgot to fix it. So then, water's spurting everywhere my wife is yelling at me cuz I woke her up... It was a freaking disaster! So anyway, did your mower break?"

Regardless of the silliness of this contest, it is the big thing. Needless to say, we won this week... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home