My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Point, Oregon, United States

Monday, April 25, 2005

It's Final...

Well the decision is made, the contract signed, and plans made. I am officially going to work for the Krassel Helitack Crew out of McCall, ID. Actually McCall is the closest "town" (Yellow Pine, 25 miles away, has a store and a pay phone I'm told) at around 45 miles away from the rappel base. I am very excited! I am going to be one of fires elite resources this summer. I am also going to dangle on a 250 foot rope from a hovering helicopter. Luckily, that mostly sounds exciting and only a little bit scary.
Contact-wise this summer, you can get me on my cell phone until May 22nd at 530.513.2896. After that time, you can still leave me messages on my cell but I will not have service and will have to drive to McCall to return calls so don't be insulted if it is a week or two until I get back to you. You all should be used to my dissappearance during fire season by now :). I don't have an address yet so if you need to send me something you can send it to my parent's house until further notice... Hope all is peachy-keen out there in your worlds... Tess

1 Comments:

Blogger Behr Palomo said...

I'm looking to get on that crew. Mind if I ask how the season went? How's the leadership, crew cohesion, safety,accommodations overtime, off forest assignments...?

December 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home